Welcome to Dubai, where it’s sizzling hot outside and chilly inside. We welcomed 387 attendees by the end of the first day of RIPE 75.
Sunday’s programme highlights:
- Parallel tutorials on IPv6 deployment in cellular networks, the IoT ecosystem, and IoT botnets and DDoS
- Newcomers’ Introduction (with some interludes from the fire alarm)
- A warm welcome during the Opening Plenary from RIPE Chair Hans Petter Holen and H. E. Hamad Obaid Al Mansoori, Director General of the Telecom Regulation Authority, the host organisation of RIPE 75
- A look at IP traffic patterns in Saudi Arabia
- Exploring Ruru, an open-source pipeline that can measure, analyse and visualise user-perceived TCP latency on 10Gbit/s live traffic
- An in-depth look at the state of the Internet in France
- A look at the state of IPv6: dual-stack is the half-way point, IPv6-only in 2017 is where dual-stack was in 2011 and does “IPv6-only” include transition?
- Lightning talks on RIPE Gripe, an update from the RIPE Diversity Task Force and the new Riyadh Internet Exchange
Later, attendees gathered by the pool to enjoy the warm Dubai evening for a Meet the RIPE NCC Executive Board social and the RIPE 75 Welcome Reception.