Day two of RIPE 75 saw over 440 checked in attendees gather together at the Conrad Hotel, Dubai. Attendees continued to make the most of the RIPE Networking App with 230+ individuals logging in to schedule meetings and send messages to one another.
Monday’s programme highlights:
- A detailed overview of Internet Collector Engines
- A talk looking at Internet peering as a new form of barter
- The question of how we go about the task of establishing jurisdiction online was tackled in the second plenary session of the day, prompting a range of interesting questions from the audience
- The women in tech lunch was a huge success with a full audience and lots of discussion following two presentations – the lunch gave women working in the tech community in the Middle East the opportunity to share insights into projects and issues particular to their region
- There was a talk on the question of whether the Internet is entering its very own Gilded Age, exploring the monopolisation of the digital world and the Death of Transit
- There was a well-received update on the progress of the RIPE Accountability Task Force
The plenary sessions having come to an end, the Diversity Task Force met at 6pm to explore options for increasing participation and diversity at RIPE Meetings. Shortly after, there was a special reception to welcome all newcomers. Finally, with the meeting at a close for the day, guests boarded the buses for night of networking, tasty appetisers, drinks, and a whole lot of fun over at the beautiful Cielo Sky Lounge.